The Backbone for GREAT Coffee Flavor
- ROAST IN SMALL BATCHES
Small batch roasting is the equivalent to a 4-star Michelin meal. The roasters (more like the artists) bring out individual flavor characteristics that you cannot find from big batch roasting.
Some factors to consider are temperature, timing, water content, mixture, quantity, and environmental conditions from where the bean grows. Not all beans grow the same way so it is important to take the time and approach carefully when roasting; that is why small batch roasting is way better than large batches.
Here, at Pocket Latte, we pride ourselves in using small batch roasted coffee to derive the best coffee flavor and quality. Each bar uses a different type of roast or a mixture of two that bring out smooth flavors and compliment our special flavors like hazelnut or lavender vanilla.
- GET IT FRESH
Buy your coffee like your produce. After 2-3 weeks, the coffee bean loses its flavor and becomes more stale because the sugars and oils leave the center. Aging also makes it more bitter, astringent, and spoiled.
Typically, bags will have a “roasted on” or “best before” date on them. If it has been 2 months since the “roasted on” date, then it is best to leave it on the shelf and keep your taste buds away from it. As for the “best before” date, if you’re 2-3 months away from it reaching the expiration date, then feel free to take it home.
I suggest that the best way to get the most fresh batch of roasted coffee would be to buy locally. Find a local roaster near you, and get the most fresh and tasty bag of beans you could ever have. Another benefit of doing this is that you are helping small businesses and strengthening your community.
What is your favorite blend and roast? Let us know on our social media!
- 11 Resources for Refreshing Your Business Post-Pandemic
- Which Pocket Latte Flavor Are You?
- No Gluten, No Soy Lecithin, No Palm Oil Explained
- A Brief History of Coffee
- World’s Most Expensive Coffees
- Perfect Gifts for Coffee Enthusiasts
- Baker’s Dozen Episode 2: Coffee Lava Cake
- Healthy Habits for Coffee Lovers
- Cold Brew and Iced Coffee: What’s The Difference?
- How Athletes Should Be Using Coffee
- The Life Cycle of a Coffee Bean
- The Backbone for GREAT Coffee Flavor
- 3 Unique Signature Coffees Around the World
- One of the Most Underrated Ways to Brew Coffee
- Coffee As a Pre-Workout
- Light, Medium, and Dark Roast: What’s the Difference?
- Baker’s Dozen: Ep.1 Coffee cake with REAL coffee
- Healthy Benefits of Coffee
- DIY All-Natural Bug Repellant
- Available at LA’s Most Hip Food Market — Smorgasburg
- Why Pocket Latte?